In today’s highly competitive real estate market, S&W’s Land Use team is well equipped to help clients navigate the complex, and ever-shifting tides of zoning and permitting laws and regulations.
We build and maintain professional relationships with local government attorneys, planning staff, planning commissioners and elected officials. Our zoning and land use attorneys are sensitive to personal, legal and business challenges that affect real estate development plans; and we work closely with you to implement your land use vision, business model and strategies for your desired results. Our experienced team represents land owners, and commercial and residential developers of major projects in the full spectrum of municipal land use and permitting matters, in both administrative and litigation venues.
We assist clients with zoning and land use legislative and administrative approval processes in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing, sale/exchange or use of real estate. In addition to counseling and working through the labyrinth of local, state and federal agency reviews, our attorneys are prepared to handle administrative appeals, alternative dispute resolution procedures and litigation.
By sharing our broad business vision and wealth of experience with all aspects of zoning and permitting law and regulations with our clients, we are able to provide strategic, informed counsel regarding all stages of a project – from planning and design to construction and operations.
What We Do:
S&W’s Land Use team provides comprehensive representation on land use and permitting issues:
- Assist clients with the permitting processes required for the development, construction and operation of their commercial and residential projects.
- Advise clients on compliance with municipal land use and permitting regulations and laws.
- Represent clients before administrative agencies and the courts in connection with permit applications, compliance orders, administrative fines and other matters.
- Challenge competing projects or land uses which may adversely affect the interests of our clients.
- Counsel clients on all aspects of commercial and residential transactions and project development, including location approvals, construction permitting and re-zoning procedures.