Shannon & Wright LLP is actively seeking a Transactional Attorney to support our Business, Real Estate, and Tax practices conducting sophisticated business and real estate transactions. This position can be based out of our Alexandria or Leesburg office.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of relevant experience in such areas as: drafting and negotiating various agreements (asset purchase and sale, shareholder, operating, executive compensation, non-compete, etc.), stock purchase and recapitalizations, M&A transactions, and all types of real estate transactions. Candidates should have experience strategically advising clients, identifying and minimizing potential risks. Candidates must be barred in Virginia (MD and DC a plus).
The position will entail working with partners on all aspects of legal matters with direct client interaction representing a diverse group of reputable and well-established individual and corporate clients. Successful candidates will have excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package that will acknowledge your past law firm, corporate, or government experience and provide future growth opportunities. Successful candidates will demonstrate and uphold a professional atmosphere that allows personal relationships that support the firm’s professional standards and client’s goals.
- Work closely and support Partners’ matters representing clients in a wide range of transactional needs
- Communicate and update clients as needed throughout representation
- Meet with new clients to assess their needs, identify their goals, and determine the best course forward in satisfying those needs
- Ensure timely entry of time and billing details daily and in line with the firm best practices
- Work with Firm Administrator and the Managing Partner to support the goals of the firm
- Ensure all actions are consistent with best practices for attorneys including the ethical and professional standards of the Virginia State Bar and other applicable bars
Ideal Candidates will:
- Have active Virginia State Bar Membership in good standing
- Have minimum of 5 years corporate and/or transactional experience
- Demonstrate strong understanding of commercial law knowledge
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills including capturing, detailing and follow up skills
- Demonstrate professionalism with all team members
- Commit to the professional, integrity and loyalty that are keystones for the firm
- Have proficient technology skills utilizing Adobe and the Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Outlook, Word and Excel
Preferred, but not required:
- Delaware, NY, DC, MD or FL Bar Membership
- Clio and NetDocuments software experience
Background checks: All successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.